Sign Up for Email Alerts
All Stylus E-Books
E-Books by Subject
E-Book Exam Copy
Request Exam Copy
Request Desk Copy
Blogs & Communities
Request Email Alerts
Urban Pest Control
A Practitioner’s Guide
Paper: 978 1 78639 514 6 / $32.95
Published: May 2018
7 1/2" x 9 5/8"
color tables & figures
This guide brings together the varied and multiple skills and activities required of pest control practitioners, including biology, chemistry, architecture, engineering, sales, logistics, legal and accounting, presented with a primary emphasis on pest organisms at its core. This book provides information and tips on all of these aspects and explores the business of controlling pests (including trends in the industry, pest control tools, and sustainable pest control); covers biological information on each pest in addition to information on control and management, monitoring and follow-up; focuses particularly on globally significant pests with internationally-applicable use and guidance; and provides practical and hands-on experience, drawing on original case studies.
This is a key resource for pest control practitioners, as well as in-house staff of companies or buildings involved in household or urban pest control. It is also a valuable reference for researchers, and sanitation and building managers.
Table of Contents:
1. Understanding the Business of Controlling Pests
2. Household Pests and Their Control – Cockroaches
3. Household Pests and Their Control – Flies
4. Household Pests and Their Control – Mosquitoes
5. Household Pests and Their Control – Bed Bugs
6. Household Pests and Their Control – Termites
7. Sporadic Pests and Their Control
8. Stored Product Pests
9. Vertebrate Pests and Their Control
10. Methodology in Pest Control – Insecticide Formulations
11. Methodology in Pest Control – Insecticide Baits and Baiting
12. Shift to Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
13. Handling Pesticides
Related Titles by Subject:
Blogs & Communities
© 2018 Stylus Publishing, LLC Prices and descriptions subject to change without notice.