Sign Up for Email Alerts
All Stylus E-Books
E-Books by Subject
E-Book Exam Copy
Request Exam Copy
Request Desk Copy
Blogs & Communities
Request Email Alerts
Realising the Potential of Sustainable Tourism
Paper: 978 1 78639 419 4 / $30.00
Published: December 2017
6 1/8" x 9 1/5"
combines stories from leading companies, interviews with pioneers and thinkers, along with thorough analysis of the industry's potential to make lasting, positive change.
- A unique collection of case studies and stories of the most successful, inspirational, impactful and innovative travel businesses in the world.
- A vital presentation of the latest research and statistics on the positive impacts and potential of transformative, sustainable tourism.
- A positive and realistic vision of the scope of tourism to promote sustainable development at a time when travel and interaction with foreign cultures is facing numerous existential challenges.
Written in a highly engaging style
presents an urgent argument for transforming tourism so it might reach its potential to promote tolerance, restore communities and regenerate habitats, while providing a vital guide for anyone looking to develop the successful sustainable tourism enterprises and destinations needed to do so.
Table of Contents:
3: The Transformative Hotel
4: Transforming Tours and Experiences
5: Transforming Places
6: Transforming Transport
7: Transforming Communication
8: Transforming Tourism
9: Further Reading
Reviews & Endorsements:
is superb, touching, fresh and thought-provoking. If you believe in the possibility of improving our world through travel, it is a must read.”
- Kelley Louise, Executive Director, Impact Travel Alliance
“A fresh and optimistic agenda setting book for sustainable tourism. Innovative and full of
- Xavier Font, Professor of Sustainable Tourism Communication, University of Surrey
Related Titles by Subject:
Environment & Conservation
Blogs & Communities
© 2018 Stylus Publishing, LLC Prices and descriptions subject to change without notice.