Sign Up for Email Alerts
All Stylus E-Books
E-Books by Subject
E-Book Exam Copy
Request Exam Copy
Request Desk Copy
Blogs & Communities
Request Email Alerts
Sustainable Island Tourism
Competitiveness and Quality of Life
Cloth: 978 1 78064 542 1 / $140.00
Published: April 2017
6 3/4" x 9 3/5"
maps, tables & photos
CABI Tourism Management and Research Series
Tourism continues to grow, and as the industry develops, it is important for researchers and practitioners to fully understand and examine issues such as sustainability, competitiveness, and stakeholder quality of life in tourism centers around the world. Focusing on the unique perspective of island tourism destinations, this book outlines impacts on, and potential strategies for protecting the natural environment, local economy, and local culture.
Presenting an interdisciplinary integrated approach, this important collection of new research:
- Is the first book to provide coverage on sustainable tourism best practice in island destinations;
- Focuses on the unique perspective of islands as destinations, exploring the interplays of competitiveness and quality of life;
- Includes a portfolio of conceptual, empirical, and case-based studies written by international experts to give a balanced and comprehensive view.
A timely and important read for researchers, students and practitioners of tourism, this book also provides a valuable resource for researchers of sustainability and environmental science.
Table of Contents:
Part l: Sustainable Island Tourism
1. Sustainability and Tourism Development in Island Territories
2. Ecotourism and Environmental Management: A Case Study of a Partnership for Conservation in
3. Rhetoric versus the Realities of Sustainable Tourism: The Case of Cyprus
Part II: Competitiveness and Quality of Life
4. The Various Faces of Competitiveness in Tourism: A Survey of the extant literature
5. Island Tourism Competitiveness and Sustainability in the Maldives
6. Quality of Life, the TALC, and Sustainability: A Case of Cuba
7. Place Satisfaction, Place Attachment and Quality of Life: Development of a Conceptual Framework for Island Destinations
Part III: Sustainability and Alternative Resource Use
8. Developing a Sustainable Caribbean Tourism Product
9. Dive Tourism and the Entrepreneurial Process in the Perhentian Islands, Malaysia
10. Stakeholders’ Perceived Impact of Wind Farms at a Tourism Destination: A Case Study of Jeju Island, South Korea
Part IV: Challenges and Future Research Directions
11. Island Tourism: Challenges and Future Research Directions
Related Titles by Subject:
Blogs & Communities
© 2018 Stylus Publishing, LLC Prices and descriptions subject to change without notice.